Valentine’s Day Popsicle Amigurumi - Free Pattern
Valentine’s Day Popsicle Amigurumi - by Jennygurumi
This loveable Valentine’s Day Popsicle Amigurumi can be crocheted quickly! It makes a sweet little gift for friends who love cute and yummy things. Crochet one (or a few!) and melt someone’s heart, today!
Skill level: Easy (Beginner)
- Crochet hook: B/1-2.25 MM
- Yarn needle
- 100% acrylic yarn (medium weight) in purple, pink, and beige
- Polyester fiberfill stuffing
- Light pink felt for cheeks
- Fabric glue to attach felt cheeks
- Black floss to embroider mouth
- 6mm pair of safety eyes
- Two small heart buttons (or cut out mini hearts from felt)
ch = chain stitch
sc = single crochet
st = stitch
sc2tog = (decrease) Insert hook in st and draw up a loop. Insert hook in next st and draw up another loop. Yarn over, draw through all three loops on hook.
rep = repeat
Instructions between * are repeated
FO = finish off
Round 1 - 6sc in second ch from hook.
Round 2 - *1 sc in the next 2 sts, 2sc in the next st; rep from * to end. (8 sts)
Round 3 - *1 sc in the next 2 sts, 2sc in the next st; rep from * to end. (12 sts)
Round 4 - *1 sc in the next 3 sts, 2sc in the next st; rep from * to end. (15 sts)
Round 5 - *1 sc in the next 4sts, 2sc in the next st; rep from * to end. (18 sts)
Round 6 - *1 sc in the next 5sts, 2sc in the next st; rep from * to end. (21 sts)
Round 7 - *1 sc in the next 6sts, 2sc in the next st; rep from * to end. (24 sts)
Rounds 8 - 19 sc in each st.
FO leaving a long yarn tail for sewing the bottom of the popsicle together.
Count four rows up from the bottom of the popsicle and place the saftey eyes.
Cut two small ovals from pink felt and glue them on underneath the eyes for cheeks.
Using black floss, embroider on a smiling mouth.
Sew heart button (or glue a small cut out felt heart) to the top of the popsicle’s head.
Gently stuff and shape your popsicle, being careful not to overstuff.
Sew the popsicle closed, finish by weaving in the end of the yarn.
Round 1 - 10sc in second chain from hook.
Round 2 & 3 - sc in each st. (If you are using a larger sized hook, you may want to extend your stick by adding a few more rows. In that case, simply sc in each st. around - until you’ve reached the desired length.)
FO leaving a long yarn tail for sewing the stick to the bottom of the popsicle.
Gently shape your stick but do not stuff.
Sew the stick onto your popsicle, finish by weaving in the end of the yarn.
You now have your very own Valentine’s Day Popsicle Amigurumi, congratulations!
*Popsicle is not edible, do not give to hungry friends!
This is an original amigurumi pattern by Jenny of Jennygurumi (February 2013). If you share this pattern, please link to this blog. Do not sell, distribute, or copy this pattern to another site. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you decide to make my Valentine’s Day Popsicle Amigurumi, don’t be shy - share a pic with me! I would love to see your creations from this pattern. Happy Crocheting!
To become a fan of Jennygurumi on Facebook: Click here!
53 Notes/ Hide
- catniphatesbuttercup likes this
- ladyjanniiez likes this
- theyarnbunny likes this
- mytodolist-amigurumi reblogged this from jennygurumi
- kkitsunek likes this
- poofysushi reblogged this from jennygurumi
- allaboutmonica likes this
- caracat likes this
- cuteashook likes this
- cuteashook reblogged this from jennygurumi
- midories likes this
- gloomyrain2 likes this
- gloomyrain2 reblogged this from jennygurumi
- janelleftw likes this
- ffionjaynewmmc-l reblogged this from jennygurumi
- ffionjaynewmmc-l likes this
- sweetsacrifice1224 likes this
- kurorinamigurumi reblogged this from jennygurumi
- fantastickiizukibaby likes this
- the-fandom-that-lived-forever likes this
- niaskywalk likes this
- crafterzan likes this
- inkydoos likes this
- cordeliagrimm likes this
- amiamicreations reblogged this from jennygurumi
- harmoniousinterchange likes this
- slothshark reblogged this from jennygurumi and added:
- beyeungbehappy likes this
- threefacefish likes this
- charmedsoshi likes this
- aiqun likes this
- jennygurumi likes this
- atroposmoira reblogged this from jennygurumi and added:
- atroposmoira likes this
- superinlovewitmyself reblogged this from jennygurumi
- smile-sender likes this
- barbequeingunicorns reblogged this from yarn-over and added:
- allaboutami likes this
- kateandtheuniverse likes this
- whatthehootdesigns likes this
- unlocked-angel likes this
- sagedifference likes this
- pandadoni likes this
- bevypoo likes this
- primcesspeach likes this
- scitchet likes this
- priceisrightx26 likes this
- mylifeisananime reblogged this from yarn-over
- mylifeisananime likes this